Belgium charges six suspects within two weeks after Paris terror attacks

Belgium has charged a man arrested in Brussels with "terrorist attacks," the most recent in a string of cases brought by the government against people that may have aided the Paris attackers or been plotting further terrorist operations. The Associated Press reported the arrest, although no other details were immediately available. BREAKING: Belgian prosecutors office says man arrested in Brussels, charged with "terrorist attacks" — The Associated Press (@AP) November 27, 2015 Belgium police arrested 16 people last week during a massive sweep across Brussels in search of accomplices of the terrorist attacks in Paris, one of whom has been charged with participating in a terrorist group or an attack. The country's prime minister had warned that another attack could be "imminent." There were no indications of whether this person was part of the 16 arrested — 15 of whom were later released — or an entirely new suspect. At least four others have been charged with terrorism related crimes since the attack. Brussels had been under the maximum terror alert level following the attacks and subsequent sweep. Belgium lowered the threat level on Thursday but said that the threat is still "serious." The Belgian man who authorities believe planned the attack, Abdelhamid Abaaoud, is still at large and believed to be in Syria. window._msla=window.loadScriptAsync||function(src,id){if(document.getElementById(id))return;var js=document.createElement('script');js.id=id;js.src=src;document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0].parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}; _msla("//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js","twitter_jssdk");